Nelson E. Baez joined, Lytal, Reiter, Smith, Ivey & Fronrath in July 2013. He focuses his practice on assisting clients and their families obtain compensation for injuries caused by the negligence of others. Nelson represents clients for injuries suffered as a result of motor vehicle accidents, wrongful death, negligent security, slip and falls, products liability and medical malpractice. As a native Spanish speaker, Nelson heads Lytal Reiter’s Spanish department and represents clients throughout Latin America. In 2016 Nelson’s work on behalf of his clients was recognized by the National Trial Lawyers and he was named a Top 40 Under 40 civil trial attorney.
In 2009 Nelson graduated from Stetson Law School. While at Stetson, Nelson and three teammates defeated 146 other law schools to win the American Association for Justice, Civil Trial Competition. In the summer of 2007, Nelson interned for the law office of Moreno & de la Torre Abogados, in Granada Spain, where he attended court proceedings and reviewed documents in preparation for trial. Upon graduation, Nelson worked at the State Attorney’s Office in Palm Beach County. As a prosecutor, he had over 70 jury trials. Immediately prior to joining Lytal, Reiter, Nelson served as Deputy Chief of County Court where he supervised over 30 attorneys.
Nelson’s parents were born and raised in Puerto Rico. His family is deeply rooted in the practice of law on the Island, highlighted by his grandfather who was an attorney for over 50 years in Aguadilla and his great-grandfather who was a Judge in Mayaguez. Nelson now continues his families legal tradition at Lytal, Reiter, Smith, Ivey & Fronrath. Nelson and his wife Jennifer live in North Palm Beach with their dog Coral. Contact us today to get in touch with Mr. Baez.
- Partner Trey Lytal and Attorney Nelson Baez win $1.825 VERDICT for client in Miami-Dade Co. court.
- University of Central Florida, 2006; Stetson College of Law, 2009
- 2016 The National Trial Lawyers: Top 40 Under 40
- 2012 Distinguished Service Award for Prosecution from the Traffic Safety Committee of Palm Beach
- 2011 County Court Prosecutor of the Year
- President elect of the Palm Beach County Hispanic Bar Association
- Board member of the Guatemalan Mayan Center
- 2012-2013 Co-Chair of the Criminal Practice Committee for the Palm Beach County Bar Association
- 2013 Co-chair Criminal Bench Bar Conference
- Member of the Palm Beach Justice Association
- Member of the Florida Justice Association
- Member of the Craig S. Barnard American Inn of Court 2012-2014